Grant Application Overview
Grant Proposals for 2017-18 will be accepted from Friday, Sept. 17 through Monday, Oct. 16, 2017.
The Chelsea Education Foundation (CEF) Grant program is our widest reaching program. Our grants benefit thousands of Chelsea residents, from school aged children to the elderly. Since our incorporation in 1990, CEF has granted well over $300,000.oo to Chelsea School District teachers and several community organizations. Grants are awarded to non-profit, tax exempt status and/or charitable organizations only. CEF gives highest priority and consideration to projects and programs that enhance the quality of education in the schools and the community, increase educational opportunities, and benefit many people throughout Chelsea.
- New grant cycles begin in September of each year; applications open from September – October and funds are awarded in early November.
- A committee of CEF board members reviews and makes recommendations regarding each application to the entire CEF Board Directors.
- Grant criteria and the CEF’s current budget are compared to the benefits of each project or program request.
- Not all applicants will receive funding through the grants program.
Past grant recipients include:
- Elementary, Middle, and High School Programs
- Senior Center
- Chelsea District Library
- One World One Family
The CEF Grant program requires all grant recipients to complete and return a Grant Performance Review by the end of the grant cycle. The performance reviews are used by CEF to document the funds expended for the grants each year and help budget the funds that will be available for grants the following year. If you are successful in obtaining a grant, the performance review will be included with the acceptance letter and we strongly suggest you use the form to track your program/project expenses throughout the year.